Tuesday, November 16, 2010

BLACK FRIDAY!

In a previous post, I explained that black friday to me just wasn't a shopping day.  It's an official start to the holiday season.  I love when it's snowing outside  - there's Christmas music on in the car on the way there.  Christmas music filling your heart.  The store is playing Christmas music.  I know, I know alot of people are saying the holidays are all commercial.  To me the holidays are what you make of them.  You don't need to buy anything extravagant or anything at all.  It's the time spent with people that you love.  The time spent celebrating Jesus's birth.  I shop for alot of people for the holidays.  It's something I enjoy.  It's the thrill of getting the deal.  If I don't however, and I don't worry about it.  I don't go out on black friday and push and shove etc.  to get what I want.  This year the stores are opening earlier and makes it more difficult to get to more than one store.  That's what family is for.  As this journey is my life change.  I'm going to live my life.  I'm not canceling black friday.  I'm going.  I'm making arrangements around my eating schedule.  Taking snacks and drinks with me.  I can still live life.  Going on a health journey doesn't hold you back from doing anything.  I will partake in another thanksgiving meal and then go scout my stores.  You can come on this journey with us all and still do activities.  This journey doesn't limit you.  It has helped my back which will help me in the end due to less pain and the ability to wait at my stores until they open.   Come on ........

2 comments:

  1. I think the reason you are doing so well with your "journey" Carolyn is because you go after something and you keep at it. You have DRIVE!! Wish I had just a bit more of that myself. I love you. Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete