Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sloppy joe ..mmmm.........

Today we had a fall festival held at my sister-in-laws house today for the children of our church.  The food for it was planned before I began to change my life.  I was the one bringing hotdogs and sloppy joe.  I bought the hotdogs from sams club.  I researched and made a recipe for sloppy joe that was healthy.  It went over well.  Nobody had bad complaints.  I told them it was a healthy version and everyone was fine with eating that.  Some used it as topping to the hot dog.

This recipe was made for a large group outing and you can break it down as needed.

Carrots, raw [Includes USDA commodity food A099]
5.0  x  1 large (7-1/4" to 8-/1/2" long) (72g)
Celery, raw
5.0  x  1 stalk, large (11"-12" long) (64g)
Mustard, prepared, yellow
4.0  x  1 tsp or 1 packet (5g)
Onions, raw
5.0  x  1 small (70g)
Peppers, sweet, green, raw
5.0  x  1 small (74g)
Poultry food products, ground turkey, cooked
2.5  x  1 unit, yield from 1 lb raw (330g)
Tomato sauce, no salt added
84.0  x  1 ounce (28g)

Preparation

Put vegetables through food processer cook in stock pot so that the vegetables are more soft. (So that the kids don't know.) Throw in the meat. Cook until browned. Add tomato sauce, ketchup, mustard. Heat to desired temperature. Serve warm - may use a whole wheat roll.


Read More http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/recipe/1829536/2?nc=1&autosave=form.info.autosave#ixzz13KMEcM5N

1 comment:

  1. I will try this for my family....sounds great. I love how you hide the vegies in there!!!

    ReplyDelete