Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dinner party...

This coming Saturday we are have a dinner party to reunite with some family members at my mothers house.  We are welcoming my cousin Lyn and her son from North Carolina.  My Aunt Linda, Uncle Mike, Aunt Joann, Uncle Meryl, Aunt Sharron and many more.  My Aunt Sharon is going to be moving down to North Carolina to be closer to her daughter and grandson. 

We decided to have a dinner because Lyn has also inspired me she has lost so many lbs and is fit now.  She's eating healthy and works out.  We've shared stories and she's supported me through my journey.  I also have a invited to come down and workout with her trainer!  Wonder what that would be like.  I know if I went down there I would be able to eat healthy and work out though.  It would be a great environment. 

So our menu for this dinner  is all healthy.  We will have toss salad.  Main options are chili or broiled fish with rice and broccoli and cauliflower.  I"m attempting to make a healthy option instead of cake because it's also Aunt Sharron's birthday.  I'm making a crock pot pie without crust.  I don't know how it will turn out I found it online.  Here's the idea - apples, pears, blueberries, vanilla, and cinnamon.  It just bakes in it's natural juices.

All this before we have a busy Saturday night setting up for Ben's party and Sunday with church Ben's party and teaching at our christian life club for kids.   Will be great times!

2 comments:

  1. what a great time will be had by all. but someone is asking for a healthy peanutbutter dessert. love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an incredible job putting that party/dinner together for your son's birthday. But even more incridble is how you prepared all that food and kept to your meal plan. What an example you are!

    ReplyDelete