Thursday, July 28, 2011

Off to the fair!

So as we're going for a full day of fair fun.  Not only are we watching our waistlines but we are also watching our spending.  I have packed lunch, snacks, and  a cooler for drinks.  I love fair food!  A nice sausage and peppers with some french fries and vinegar!  Emmmmmm.....Yummy!  I do know that my stomach doesn't take well to "fried food" anymore.  That's a benefit for me in the long run.  I won't have a full order but I will have a couple.  "Moderation."  I'm packing a whole wheat roll just in case I happen to have half of a sausage with peppers and onions.  My hot dog rolls are half the size of their white roll.  So I still get to experience "fair" but in moderation.  Now some say fair and you know it means carmel apples, cotton candy, funnel cakes, etc.  I love all of that stuff.  My goals to be healthy and fit are much more important to me than "junk."  I will not take part in any of that other "stuff."  Will I someday in the future, probably yes.  After I've met my weight loss goals and am maintaining.  The "stuff" isn't important to me anymore.  It's life that is important!  So as the fair season for you approaches - try things in moderation!!

3 comments:

  1. Have fun :-) I know you will. I love it when you post. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so proud of you. love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you!! Hope you enjoy the fair! We always took a cooler when we had all five kids home...couldn't afford to feed 7 of us...we got something special, but the bulk was brought from home.
    Laurie D

    ReplyDelete