Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Making of the larabar

I have wanted some larabars since i've been on my renewed plan however they are pretty expensive.  So, I thought I would see if there was a recipe posted on the internet anywhere and I found most of them on there.  Some that I'd rather not have but I would try for my children.  The healthier one with chocolate are definately better than betty crocker ones.  You can keep them in idividual packages in the fridge.  They are a take and go treat on the way.  I haven't tried any of these yet but  I can't wait to.  I just have to find "dates."  I've never eaten them so I have to see if I can find the healthy ones with no added anything.  Here's what I found on one website:


CASHEW COOKIE


  • 16 oz of Dates (whole or chopped)
  • 3 cups of unsalted cashews
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Directions
  1. Place the cashews in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
  2. Add the dates and vanilla, and resume processing until it all comes together in a dough.
  3. Press into a foil lined 11×7 Pan, and place in the fridge to cool and harden.
  4. Cut into 1 inch by 3 inch bars.
  5. Makes about 20.
  • 16 oz of Dates (whole or chopped) $4.57
  • 3 Cups of Unsalted Cashews $4
  • 1 tsp Vanilla (made my own) (i haven't yet but plan too once the vanilla i have on hand gets low)
Total= $8.57! or $0.43 a bar!


Let me know if you try this one or anyother one.  Remember you can find most on google.com just type in larabar recipe and the flavor you want.  I'll update you once I try them.  I'll probably make apple pie!! or peanut butter cookie!! Definately my fav's!

No comments:

Post a Comment