Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Parties????

As I keep hosting my children's birthday parties our family dinners I keep trying to ad in healthy food in general for everyone to eat.  Things that we usually have for my son Mark's party are Hamburg patties, hot dogs, white rolls, pasta salad, fruit salad, macaroni salad, baked beans, salt potatoes, and macaroni and cheese.  I believe all those options just make you want to get more food to at least try everything.  So I've decided to cut down what choices we have and modify the dishes that are left so we can make them healthier.  I'm gonna work off the method of healthy protein, carb, and fat as I sit here writing up the menu.  I think we will go with a pasta salad, fruit salad, have 1/2 whole wheat rolls and 1/2 white rolls to figure out some healthier ways for the food and shopping for some great deals on meat any kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment